I did it!

I have completed the challenge that I set for myself – to complete a short story for entry in The Bridport Prize competition.  As I mentioned in my previous post, when I read the instructions properly, I discovered that the word count was a maximum of 5000, not a compulsory amount of 5000 words.  I trimmed some superfluous details from the story and it comes in at 4015 words now.  I’m quite proud of that.  I know this won’t be the best work I will ever do.  I know it’s only the beginning but I’m glad I achieved what I set out to do.  Now to move onto the next project – publish an e-book this year.  Onwards and upwards!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s